Clicking Within Boundaries of UserControl

Questions about Wine on macOS.
ACProctor

Clicking Within Boundaries of UserControl

Post by ACProctor »

I have an application that uses a windowless ("lightweight") UserControl, consisting of a couple of Labels, an Image, and which draws its own border.

This works fine under Windows -- with different screen resolutions -- but isn't fully working on a Mac. The problem is that Click operations on instances of the UserControl have to be well within the border -- up to several millimetres inside. Since those instances are relatively small then this is a usability issue.

Is this a known problem? I am not a Mac user myself and so I am relaying information from my clients.
ACProctor

Re: Clicking Within Boundaries of UserControl

Post by ACProctor »

If there's a problem with this post, please state them explicitly here. The automatically-generated "disapproval" I have received does not make any sense.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

ACProctor wrote:If there's a problem with this post, please state them explicitly here. The automatically-generated "disapproval" I have received does not make any sense.
You submitted your original post twice. The first one was approved, the second was disapproved as a duplicate.
ACProctor

Post by ACProctor »

That sounds very likely, but the email actually said:

"The following reason was given for the disapproval:

The reported message does not fit into any other category, please use the
further information field."
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

It should have said "Duplicate post" after that.
ACProctor

Post by ACProctor »

Additional to the problem of failing mouse clicks if they're too close to the UserControl's border concerns drag-and-drop. If client's drag-and-drop one instance of this UserControl to another then the ghost image of the border -- the default Windows indication that the operation is being performed -- does not show on the Mac. The operation completes OK but there's no visual indication of what the user is doing.

I have a feeling that these might both be related to fact that the UserControl is a windowless ("lightweight") one as I'm sure such issues would have been reported otherwise.