Keyboard input to inactive wine window

Questions about Wine on macOS.
alind

Keyboard input to inactive wine window

Post by alind »

Hello,

I'm currently in the situation where I need to send keyboard input to wine while the window it is running in is not the frontmost/active window.

The keyboard events are generated using a simple script and work correctly when the wine window is active, however when the wine-window is not the currently active window the inputs are ignored. The program is actively running in wine even when the window is not active, so I am sure the problem is wine not accepting/relaying the inputs.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is this an intended behaviour? Is there a setting I can change so wine always accepts the input (I hope so)?

Thanks in advance
alind

Re: Keyboard input to inactive wine window

Post by alind »

I've been digging around some. My understanding of the problem is, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that Wine takes all keyboard event regardless of which window actually receives them and then sends them to the process running in the currently active window. Which of course means that if there are no active windows, no keyboard events get sent.

This means that I have to either send the keyboard events from within Wine itself or convince Wine to treat the window as if it is always active.

Any thoughts?