Wine Won't Open A Game - Please Help

Questions about Wine on macOS.
kinematics

Wine Won't Open A Game - Please Help

Post by kinematics »

Heads up: Please go easy on me if this is a question that's already been addressed. (Also, I'm not extremely knowledgeable about computers, just have some general knowledge)

I have a Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.5

Basically I've been absolutely stressing myself out over the past couple days because I've been trying to play a fan-made Pokemon game called Pokemon Reborn. When you download it, there's a game.exe file and I remember from my old computer that I needed to open it with Wine. I have Wine 1.7.0 and whenever I right-click the game.exe file to open it with Wine, the Wine icon shows up but nothing happens and the wine icon in the upper right bar doesn't show up.

I tried looking it up and found some guy on a forum who was having the same problem as me, and the person responding told him to check for system updates on his Mac, and just like that, his problem was fixed. But for some reason, even after I updated my computer to the latest possible version, it still didnt work.

So I downloaded both Wine 2.10 and Wine 2.11 and managed to open up the .xz files through an unarchiver app. After using this app, two folders were created, one for 2.10 and one for 2.11. Inside, there's an abundance of complicated files and such and, like I said earlier, I only have basic computer knowledge, and I have NO idea what to do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot links below:

contents of the wine 2.11 folder part 1: http://prntscr.com/fo4du9
contents of the wine 2.11 folder part 2: http://prntscr.com/fo4e8v
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Wine Won't Open A Game - Please Help

Post by Bob Wya »

You've probably downloaded Wine Source tree archives...
These need to be compiled into a set of binary files - which your computer's CPU can interpret - aka "machine code".

You probably want a pre-compiled mac-os binary pkg - see WineHQ: MacOS ...

Bob