Help with RDWorks V8.01.18 Laser Cutting Software

Questions about Wine on macOS.
SLORico

Help with RDWorks V8.01.18 Laser Cutting Software

Post by SLORico »

Hello all,

I know it not the hottest new game, but I could really use some help getting RDWorks V8.01.18 (discp)http://en.rd-acs.com/prod_view.aspx?Typ ... t3:50105:3 (download here) http://en.rd-acs.com/down.aspx?TypeId=5 ... 4:50075:14 running on a El Cap Mac. What is the best way to get support for this app?

Lots of these lasers have RDWorks (or rebranded version of same) as the software of choice to drive machine.

Much thanks

SLORico
JeffKB

Re: Help with RDWorks V8.01.18 Laser Cutting Software

Post by JeffKB »

Hello SLORico, you are not alone! I am too struggling to make this very useful program runs on Wine!

TL;DR : I copied DLL files in drive_c\\windows\\system32 and added them in wine's configuration but despite that Wine do not find them when I try to run my program. Help!

It may not be the official support thing, but it is my current experience with installing the RDWorksV8 on Wine.

We have a Laser Cutter RDC6442G at our local hackerspace and I am currently trying to run the RDWorksV8 software on my Ubuntu. I downloaded the software on the official website.

At first, the setup program didn't worked. there were MFC42.DLL and PathMgr.dll missing.

Code: Select all

wine .wine/drive_c/newpr/RDWorksSetUpV8.exe
I got MFC42 from Winetricks, and PathMgr.dll from crushedice2000's github page. Then the setup part worked.

Now, when I execute the program:

wine .wine/drive_c/newpr/rdplug/RDWorksV8.exe
I get

err:module:import_dll Library RDCAM.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library RDMgr.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ExFileMgr.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library RDViewDLL.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library PathMgr.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ExMath.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ExDraw.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ExDib.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library ExCurve.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\jeff\\.wine\\drive_c\\newpr\\rdplug\\RDWorksV8.exe" failed, status c0000135
I am currently blocked on this part.
I downloaded the DLLs from crushedice2000's github page, added them both in 'drive_c\\windows\\system32' and 'drive_c\\newpr', and added said DLLs in wine's configuration:

winecfg
Despite all of that, wine continues to not recognize my DLLs and I cannot launch the program. What do you think about that?
zultron

Post by zultron »

I can't even get through the installer. I installed Wine (tried both Debian and Ubuntu, both distro packages and winehq packages) and installed mfc42 with winetricks.

When running the V8.01.18 installer, the installer seems not to unpack any files, and then when running commands at the end, it hangs; `ps` shows it stuck on the very first command `cmd.exe /c md c:\newpr`.

I must be missing something obvious, since a YouTube video "Installing RDWorks Laser software on Linux" does the same, and it just works.
matbgn

Post by matbgn »

Hi @JeffKB did you found a Workaround ?