Strange Graphics Flickering (DirectX)

Questions about Wine on macOS.
TChapman500

Strange Graphics Flickering (DirectX)

Post by TChapman500 »

I have a game from 2005 that appears to run well in terms of framerate, but there's a lot of noise flickering across the screen. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Half the UI is gone and I get random triangles flickering all over the place. The UI elements still work as expected, they're just not always rendered correctly, if at all. I'm assuming that I have a few settings wrong in the WINE configuration, but I don't know what it is. I've tried setting "ddr=gdi" but that didn't work. I've also tried enabling and disabling the virtual desktop feature but that didn't work. I've tried changing what the window manage is allowed to do and hat didn't work. I'm stuck.
NSR Flickering.png
Optimon
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Strange Graphics Flickering (DirectX)

Post by Optimon »

To get Wine staging work without flickering triangles add "MaxVersionGL" DWORD with value 30002 (or 40001 if card support OpenGL 4.1) to registry?
https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys
TChapman500

Post by TChapman500 »

That's a negative.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

TChapman500

Post by TChapman500 »

Well, I checked my WINE version against that bug entry and found that it's 1.6.1 and the latest version available is 2.1.x. Updating does not fix the problem, but I can't use winetricks to install the necessary stuff.