Wine Devel.app launcher vs non-default shell in Terminal

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Hans_N
Level 1
Level 1

Wine Devel.app launcher vs non-default shell in Terminal

Post by Hans_N »

Hello. Not sure if this is some sort of mis-configuration on my side or an issue with the Wine Devel.app. When I use bash 4 from MacPorts as my shell in Terminal (the "Shells open with" setting in the General pane of Terminal preferences set to the "Command (complete path)" option with /opt/local/bin/bash as the command), the Wine Devel.app does not behave as expected.

If the Terminal.app is already running, launching the Wine Devel.app opens a new terminal window, but without any changes in its environment. If the Terminal.app is not already running, launching the Wine Devel.app launches the Terminal.app as well, but no terminal window gets opened. If I click on the Terminal dock icon afterwards (or select New Window from its context menu), two new terminal windows gets opened, superimposed directly on each other, none with any changes in its environment.

It does not seem to be an issue with bash 4 per se as symlinking the system default bash binary to another location and using that as the "shell command" results in the same issue. If I change the "Shells open with" setting back to "Default login shell", everything seems to work fine. Running official 2.0-rc6 package on macOS Sierra (10.12.2).

Any tips on what to check or should I file a bug perhaps? Thanks.