RMS Express/Winlink Setup

Questions about Wine on macOS.
W4MAJ

RMS Express/Winlink Setup

Post by W4MAJ »

I am an amateur radio operator and I have very nearly figured out a problem setting up an email program known as RMS Express. I am literally one dropdown menu away from solving this.
Winlink copy.jpg
Connection copy.jpg
The very last step is selecting which serial port RMS Express uses to connect the radio. The port is available and part of the Mac OS, but it is not selectable in the RMS Express setup. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
bobmounger

Re: RMS Express/Winlink Setup

Post by bobmounger »

I have a similar problem. I was trying to use Telnet winlink & winlink says I am not connected to the internet. I opened winecfg & tried to add all of the exe files to it, but when I exit wincfg & reenter winecfg, none of the exe's I added are there. What am I doing wrong?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

bobmounger wrote:I opened winecfg & tried to add all of the exe files to it, but when I exit wincfg & reenter winecfg, none of the exe's I added are there. What am I doing wrong?
What version of Wine are you using? There was an old bug that caused winecfg to close without saving if you just hit Enter without having clicked OK or Apply, but it was fixed in 1.7.38 (over two years ago). If you're not using the latest stable or development release, you need to upgrade.
bobmounger

Post by bobmounger »

wine 2.0.2