Cannot find location of downloaded application

Questions about Wine on macOS.
rct45011

Cannot find location of downloaded application

Post by rct45011 »

I have just downloaded RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack from COG.com and got wine so that I could run it on a Mac running up to date OS X. I have never coded before or know anything about computers more than a layperson. I successfully downloaded and set up wine, and then ran the installer for my game. The game installed, and I started it, and then I exited to make sure everything worked. Then I tried to find the game and I could not. So I installed it again. And I could not find it again. Now I have the game about six times somewhere on my computer and do not know how to access it to run and delete the extra copies. The repeated installation does not matter right now with my hard drive size, but I could not play like this. I apologize for my absolute lack of knowledge.
dimesio

Re: Cannot find location of downloaded application

Post by dimesio »

The default wineprefix, ~/.wine, is a hidden directory in your home directory. Most apps/games will install themselves to a subdirectory of ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files.
rct45011

Post by rct45011 »

How can I access that?
olivierfrdierick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by olivierfrdierick »

You have to learn how to open a terminal, change directories, browse directory contents and launch executables from the command line.
WineHQ Forums is not the place for this. Search the Internet for mac os x command line tutorials.
Once you have found your way around the terminal, you may read the Wine FAQ in the wiki here for instructions about running applications with Wine.
rct45011

Post by rct45011 »

Thanks.