Descent 3 visual issues on Mac

Questions about Wine on macOS.
TECH198
Level 1
Level 1

Descent 3 visual issues on Mac

Post by TECH198 »

running Descent 3 on Mac with Engine 1.9.15, Wrapper 2.6.2, however in game visually the textures are "plan"

explosions are polygon "white" instead of actual explosions and rendering is not really up to par with Windows testing

Tested this also running Descent 3 under VMWare Fusion and visually it looks allot better..

during configuration of video/speed etc., under Fusion, I make a point of selecting OpenGL as well deliberately instead of Direct X to compensate and see what is wrong...

However open GL under VMWare works just as good, while on Mac it looks plain crappy..

The only thing i can think of is Fusion uses GLIDE SVGA 3D virtual driver.. Although VMWare fusion itself supports DirectX, that is not the one selected when running Descent 3, so my take is that is out of the picture.. as the game is relying on openGL

Seems the virtual driver implemented in Windows under VMWare Fusion is better in than on Mac ?.....

On Mac, I tried adding Direct X components to package and selecting "Open GL" and "Primary driver -- Intel Iris 6100" which is my main graphic chip on Mac.. But visually is still poor.

I'm starting to think this is a driver issue and no resolution...

Is there anything else to add in Wine?