Installation : Running from wrong directory ?

Questions about Wine on macOS.
oulala

Installation : Running from wrong directory ?

Post by oulala »

Hello,
I'm a super newbee.
I've just downloaded version 1.8.4.2, for my mac os version 10.9.5.

once i've downloaded dont know which program to run, so i ran wine install from the tool folder.
Then i get this error message:

Last login: Sun Aug 28 22:59:05 on ttys000
/Users/benjaminsouny/wine-1.8.4\ 2/tools/wineinstall ; exit;
benjamins-air:~ benjaminsouny$ /Users/benjaminsouny/wine-1.8.4\ 2/tools/wineinstall ; exit;
Wine Installer v1.0

You're running this from the wrong directory.
Change to the Wine source's main directory and try again.
logout

[Process completed]

Am i running the correct exe ? if yes how do i correct ? Thanks for the support.
Ben
dimesio

Re: Installation : Running from wrong directory ?

Post by dimesio »

There is a 1.8.4, but there is no Wine version 1.8.4.2. Where did you download this from?

Wherever you got it, it sounds like you downloaded Wine's source code; that means building Wine yourself, which is probably not what you want to do. Installing the WineHQ package would be easier. https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX
oulala

Re: Installation : Running from wrong directory ?

Post by oulala »

Ok, thank you, I moved few steps forward now.
i installed successfully wine, and have the icon wine staging in my launchpad now.
I launch the set-up.exe octgn-setup-3.1.265.0.exe directly, and i get this error message:

"You are currently running Windows XP, which is not compatible with .net 4.5. OCTGN no longer runs on Windows XP, we recommend updating to at least Windows 7"
I precise I have a mac 10.9.5, and the wine version 1.9.17 (staging)

Thank you, and sorry if my question sounds stupid I did searched in the forum before to see if this question was already posted.

Ben