Problem with internet connections (maybe)

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Chad Dean

Problem with internet connections (maybe)

Post by Chad Dean »

Hey everybody!

I've a very specific and strange problem, and I hope you can give me a hint on how to solve it.

Let's start with the scenario:
I want to play an Indie game only available on Windows (named Cogmind). I want to use both, my iMac and my Macbook Air to play the game. Basicly the game runs fine, I've got sound and performance is well.

But I've got two problems. First, the game doesn't shut down when I exit it and I've to kill the game. The second problem is the ability of the game to grab news and check for new versions online and also uploading game scores. Both doesn't work (there seems to be no reponse from the server). I've tested the Internet Explorer with Wine to check if there are problems with Firewall or other stuff, but I've got no problems there.

The real strange thing: both issues are currently only present on the Macbook, while the problems doesn't occure on the iMac. A while ago the game only ran on the Macbook, while it doesn't worked on the iMac. So I assume it is something very specific on my Macbook that causes the issue.

According to the logs (and the game dev), the game freezes after (successfully) saving the game data. After that a sound should be played and the game should clean up the game data from memory and write the last lines to the games logfile.

I don't know if the problems are connected but I've only got the problems together.

Both systems use the same OS (OS X El Capitan 10.11.6), X Server version 1.13.0 and latest Wine version.