How to uninstall if used .pkg?

Questions about Wine on macOS.
kristoffel10

How to uninstall if used .pkg?

Post by kristoffel10 »

All the instructions on https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX for uninstalling seem to assume you have built from source. That document covers uninstalling if you installed Homebrew, Macports, Fink, and 'sudo make install'.

What about for those of us who installed via a .pkg binary at
https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/macosx/download.html ?

There doesn't seem to be any uninstall script included in the pkg.

Is it simply a matter of dragging "Wine Devel" to the Trash? What about other things it might have installed in other locations, e.g. ~/.wine files, or "Library/Application Support", etc?

Thanks.
NoWine4U

Re: How to uninstall if used .pkg?

Post by NoWine4U »

I also have the same question. Please help :)
Dewdman42
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dewdman42 »

I am also wondering the same thing. From what I can tell there is nothing else to remove, other than perhaps your wine prefixes (ie, ~/.wine/), and you may or may not want to actually do that.
DarkPlayer
Level 2
Level 2

Post by DarkPlayer »

Mac OS X does not provide any official way to uninstall pkg files (although they could be easily add this feature). Removing the Wine package is not difficult though. If you installed Wine only for your current user, open the Applications directory in your home directory and move the corresponding Wine version into the trash. The same works for a system wide Wine installation, just use the global Applications directory instead. As for all platforms, you might want to remove any existing wine prefixes to save disk space. The default one is located at ~/.wine.
azna

Post by azna »

How come Wine shows in my LaunchPad but not in my Applications in Finder?