Do I have WINE installed yet? [Mac OS X]

Questions about Wine on macOS.
dee7kay

Do I have WINE installed yet? [Mac OS X]

Post by dee7kay »

Hi,

my question is the following: Do I have WINE installed yet?

It may seem dumb to you, but although I haven't installed Wine directly, I have reason to believe that there are some parts of Wine on my system; and since your FAQ say you should uninstall all previous versions I want to be sure.

When searching for "wine" in Finder I get two relevant results: LastRuneWine.log and LastRunX11.log. I can't make any sense of what is written in the first file (sth with wine and debugger), but the second file tells me "Engine Used: WS9Wine1.7.10" in the first line.

They obviously refer to an app called WtLibrary (http://wtlibrary.net/) which was built with Wine and Wineskin (I encountered a problem when first installing the app which seemed to produce the files mentioned above).

Do I have to uninstall anything before installing the current version of Wine? Will WtLibrary still work?
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Do I have WINE installed yet? [Mac OS X]

Post by doh123 »

Wineskin is self contained. All of Wine is uses is inside the app and not installed on your system. It will not interfere with other Wineskin apps or any other Wine install.
dee7kay

Re: Do I have WINE installed yet? [Mac OS X]

Post by dee7kay »

Thanks a lot for your answer! I thought as much but wanted to be sure to not render the app useless since I need it often.

Now I can install Wine without anxiety ;)