MVIEWER2.EXE Wine 1.3.25 Working (without audio)...

Questions about Wine on macOS.
A2015

MVIEWER2.EXE Wine 1.3.25 Working (without audio)...

Post by A2015 »

Hello,

I have been trying to get MVIEWER2.EXE (Multimedia Viewer, version 2.00 - Microsoft Corp.) and one multimedia program (opening a .mvb file with the mviewer2) to work with Wineskin 2.6.2

The mviewer2 loads with the wine versions i tested, however, when i try to open the mvb file within the program the wine crashes. I pinpointed though that with Wine 1.3.25 (WS8Wine1.3.25) the mvb in question opens and loads... just that i can't hear any audio: midi and wav files i assume that the multimedia project uses. The audio functions, buttons are greyed out in the multimedia project so i guess it means it doesnt recognize any audio devices? The config utility in winecfg plays fine though (wine 1.3.25).

With wine 1.3.26 (and many newer versions that i tested) the project mvb file no longer loads: the wine crashes.

The 1.3.25 LastRunWine.log gives:
fixme:mmio:MMIO_InstallIOProc Global procedures not implemented
fixme:commdlg:GetOpenFileName16 custom hook 0x11d700ba no longer supported
fixme:mci:MCI_Break (0102) vkey 0003 stub

The 1.3.26 LastRunWine.log gives:
fixme:mmio:MMIO_InstallIOProc Global procedures not implemented
fixme:commdlg:GetOpenFileName16 custom hook 0x11d700ba no longer supported
err:dosmem:DOSMEM_MapDosLayout Need full access to the first megabyte for DOS mode

So, i would like to know that what might the problem with the sound when using 1.3.25 and is there something i could try with the ..25 version to get the sound working?

...or what might be the problem with the 1.3.26 and newer versions since that seems to be the version which doesn't load the project no longer? I tried to see the changes list in 1.3.26 (https://www.winehq.org/announce/1.3.26) but couldn't figure why it doesn't work anymore with 1.3.26 version. I searched earlier though that the "err:dosmem:DOSMEM_MapDosLayout Need full access to the first megabyte for DOS mode" hints to the 16bit windows implements or something.

Any suggestions that i could try to make the 1.3.25 version to have working audio or newer wine version to load the project and see if they give any audio...?

Thanks.
dimesio

Re: MVIEWER2.EXE Wine 1.3.25 Working (without audio)...

Post by dimesio »

Wineskin is not supported here, and the 1.3.x versions of Wine are over 4 years old and no longer supported.

The current stable release is 1.8, development/staging is 1.9.0. Retest in one of those versions (plain Wine, no Wineskin). You should also install a recent SVN version of DOSBox, as Wine now uses it to run DOS apps.
A2015

Re: MVIEWER2.EXE Wine 1.3.25 Working (without audio)...

Post by A2015 »

Sorry didn't notice the wineskin, etc not supported here before sending my message.

Ok thanks. I'll try the 1.90 version later. The Mviewer2 is a windows application though... should dosbox have impact nevertheless? (http://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/code-0/HEAD/tree/)
Attachments
Waveaudio.png
Waveaudio.png (16.91 KiB) Viewed 1880 times