Did something stupid wine Wine prefix (Help!)

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Cespinarve
Level 1
Level 1

Did something stupid wine Wine prefix (Help!)

Post by Cespinarve »

Total wine novice here: in an attempt to get a program to run on my Mac, I was told I needed to create a wine Wine_32 prefix. Not knowing any bette rI booted the terminal and ran WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine winecfg

Whatever that did broke all the programs that worked previously - going into terminal and running wine whatever.exe no longer launches the program it used to launch. My log looks like this:

Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bc969b4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0022, blocked by 0023, retrying (60 sec)
err:service:service_send_start_message service L"UMWdf" failed to start
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"UMWdf" failed to start: 1053
err:module:import_dll Library libvorbisfile.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Steins;Gate\\STEINSGATE.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Steins;Gate\\STEINSGATE.exe" failed, status c0000135

Now, is any of that related to running WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine winecfg, or is it just some other, unrelated issue that came up after I reinstalled? (If you have an answer - and a solution - please answer as though you were talking to an elderly person who who's still not sure what happened to the UNIVAC machine of their youth. I really, really, really do not understand wine and therefore doubtlessly caused my own problems thanks to my ignorance.)
gero67
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Did something stupid wine Wine prefix (Help!)

Post by gero67 »

Wine Version?
System Version and System Details?

Besides that, did you follow these instructions https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=32254 ?

I suggest that you try to run it from a different wine prefix, just type:
"WINEPREFIX="/home/[your user name]/.wine2" WINEARCH=win32 winecfg"
This should at least "repair" the other applications (if you haven't changed anything else).

Further suggestions would be (as always): Use the latest wine version.
Only message i can interpret is the missing library: libvorbisfile.dll
Try to add it.