Wine_1_7_52 on Yosemite cannot play Heroes III WOG HD

Questions about Wine on macOS.
joe977cn

Wine_1_7_52 on Yosemite cannot play Heroes III WOG HD

Post by joe977cn »

Wine was installed from source file and dependencies were installed via Homebrew. I was tried with stable 1.6.x via Homebrew directly but there are some problems so I re-installed the latest one by using pre-fix. The original 1.6.x was uninstalled before I try 1.7.52

When I tried to install the HD patch to Heroes III, it works fine. Then i directly launched the game WOG via the HD launcher and the problem occurred! The special build up window for WOG at beginning of game cannot show up. Beyond that, even the message window to indicate the WOGing of map cannot show. I tried to use "return" and it works. But that means the WOGfy of the map cannot be done at all!
[this problem happens on 1.6.x as well, that's why I want to try 1.7.52]

Today I try to re-run the WOG directly but more severe issue happened. The HD executive file generated by the HD patch cannot launch through wine. Here is the output:
fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:module:attach_process_dlls "_hd3_.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\Users\\kunzhou\\Documents\\Shared\\Heroes3\\h3wog HD.exe" failed, status 80000003

The first line of the log also showed up when I install the HD patch to Heroes III. I think that might not be a problem.

I also tried to install 1.4.1 which listed in AppDB that should work. But the installation generate tremendous of warning and 2 errors. The installed wine cannot work at all. It always report X11 error. So I give up on that.

Can anyone help with the 1.7.52 issue?
Thanks in advance.