Running a disk game on imac...(Snow Leopard)

Questions about Wine on macOS.
The_Wise_0ne

Running a disk game on imac...(Snow Leopard)

Post by The_Wise_0ne »

Ok, to start off.

I have been looking through forums and websites, and most of them do not tell me much, though I found out most of my way through struggle and just finding out randomly.

I have a disk copy of the game Chris Sawyers Locomotion, I have been trying to play the game I got for a while.

I only got it to work by partitioning the mac to do windows xp, though I reset my computer later to upgrade it to snow leopard.

The state I am in now is that wine will not find the disk even though i directed it to the disk source, unless I did that wrong.

I want wine to read the disk in the drive.

I opened up the wine configuration and figured all that out through several forums, though most of them didn't give me the answer I needed.

I figured out how to make wine read a path as CD-ROM, So when I tried to load the game it wouldn't say "No CD-Rom Detected".

The mapping that it is sent to is "/Volumes/Locomotion" and "/Volumes". Though when I run Loco.exe it comes up as "Please insert the Locomotion disc" even though, again, the path for the CD-ROM is to the disk, unless I did that wrong.

I even tried suggested ways by others by mapping it to the "dosdevices" and then to "d/" it comes up as the same thing.

I installed everything from the Locomotion disk from the "setup.exe" into a folder on the desktop so it would be easy to find "loco.exe"

The installation worked fine.

Though I can't get Loco.exe to run without the disk and it keeps coming up as "Please Insert the Locomotion Disk".

The disk is in the drive, I mapped it out like i said above, but it will not run, unless i did something wrong.

Would anyone help me figure this out so I may play the game?

Thank you if anyone has a way or has looked into it.

I do hear wine might have trouble finding the disk in the first place, though is there anyway to bypass that?