Wine Valkyria Chronicles-Intense Lag

Questions about Wine on macOS.
mahsoo

Wine Valkyria Chronicles-Intense Lag

Post by mahsoo »

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting in this forum- I apologize if it is in the wrong section or anything.
So, I have Valkyria Chronicles (through Steam) working on Wineskin on my Mac, but the problem is, my character movement seems to be in slow-mo/really laggy. After several hours of google searching and messing around with winetricks, I have given up and have decided to see if anybody here could help me.
I found a steam thread listing my same problem, and the solution (for Windows users) was to set the frame rate to 30 FPS and to turn off V-Sync. I did both of these, but the game still performs badly. The only problem I can think of now is that the graphics "system" (idk the term) that Wine uses is bad, or my Mac's card is just bad.
In the Valkyria Chronicles config screen, the only option for the graphics adapter is Intel R Sandybridge Mobile ( I assume this is what Wine is using).
My Mac uses Intel HD Graphics 3000. Is there anything wrong with what wine is using? (the sandybridge)
Another thing that might be the problem is that my 3D Driver is not installed correctly in Wine?
http://wiki.winehq.org/3DDriverIssues
However, I have very limited knowledge when it comes to using terminal, and I couldn't follow the steps in the above page. Would anybody be able to suggest anything/help me out? I made a thread in steam forums about this, but no response. Thank you so much in advance.
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Wine Valkyria Chronicles-Intense Lag

Post by doh123 »

Your Intel HD 3000 doesn't even meet minimum requirements for the game… it would run bad even if you weren't using Wine. With the added extra layer slowing it down a bit more, its still going to run bad.
mahsoo

Post by mahsoo »

doh123 wrote:Your Intel HD 3000 doesn't even meet minimum requirements for the game… it would run bad even if you weren't using Wine. With the added extra layer slowing it down a bit more, its still going to run bad.
Ooooh, that's embarrassing. After some more googling, I read that the Intel is like 30% worse than the minimum required graphics card... Well looks like I am SOL on this one. Ty for response, I was going crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong with Wine. I will play the game one day though!!!
mahsoo

Post by mahsoo »

Just for documentation for the future rare case of somebody trying to run this game with Wine with a Mac with crappy specs- I couldn't give up without trying BootCamp, and so I redownloaded it on the BootCamp "system"(idk the term) and it works/runs a lot better! I can actually play the game now!!