Quicken 2004 data location?

Questions about Wine on macOS.
RMWineHQ

Quicken 2004 data location?

Post by RMWineHQ »

I have successfully installed Quicken 2004XG on my mac using Wine. The program runs as it should but with one exception. When I try to run the back up command in Quicken it fails with a message saying "Unable to open source file".

I've also noticed that the location for the Quicken program files is stated as "C:\Program Files\Quicken" which is the original Windows path. I don't think that this path is correct when running the application on a Mac.

Does anyone know hat I need to do to get the backup to run correctly?

Thanks
L. Rahyen

Re: Quicken 2004 data location?

Post by L. Rahyen »

You are running Windows application in Wine, so using Windows paths is OK. Please give more information. What is your Wine version and terminal output (read the FAQ if you do not know how to get it)?
RMWineHQ

Post by RMWineHQ »

Thanks I'm running Wine version 1.7.37

Unfortunately I haven't been able to start wine from the command line, I can get to the C: prompt but can't seem to CD to the Wine directory. I'm new to Mac so haven't yet found how to navigate round the file system. I just performed a standard installation of Wine, where would the files normally be located?
L. Rahyen

Post by L. Rahyen »

I know very little about Mac OS, but recently doh123 in some other Mac OS related topic wrote "If your using normal Wine that is supported here, it will be ran command line". Are you sure you have standard Wine installation? Please note that WineBottler, Wineskin, PlayOnMac and other third-party wrappers are not supported here. Or perhaps you mean you previously used unsupported wrapper and just installed plain Wine and don't know how to use it yet?
RMWineHQ

Post by RMWineHQ »

I think your last comment is true, I used Winebottler to install Quicken on my MacBook?
L. Rahyen

Post by L. Rahyen »

Third-party wrappers are known to cause issues of their own sometimes, this is why testing with plain Wine is important. I would test the software myself with plain Wine so you do not have to, but I do not know where I can download trial or demo version of it, so if you do not know that either and would like to get farther assistance here, please reinstall it with plain Wine and provide terminal output.