"Please insert the correct CD/DVD" Daemon Tools/Toast

Questions about Wine on macOS.
wendel7

"Please insert the correct CD/DVD" Daemon Tools/Toast

Post by wendel7 »

Alright, So I have been working on this problem for hours today trying to get Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II to work without a CD. I have toast for some other purposes and I have tried to make a virtual drive with toast, that didn't work. I downloaded as trial of DAEMON Tools Lite and that didn't work. I have checked in winecfg to see if the it is mounted correctly and that there is a serial on it and it does.

=> wine cmd
Wine CMD Version 5.1.2600 (1.6.2)

H:\>D:

D:\>dir /a:h
fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1 func=0 method=0)
Volume in drive D is LOTRBFME2
Volume Serial Number is a47d-3d4a

Directory of D:\

Still nothing works and it keeps asking for the correct CD.
I know that it is the correct .mds file because I have a friend who used it on windows and it worked. I know that there is a no CD crack, but i own the game and I would like to play with friends over LAN and with a crack you cannot.

Can anyone help me that has run into this problem? Is this a common problem with all EA games? I have literally tried everything I can possibly think of and it is really bugging me.
I would put all of my different approaches, but they are quite numerous so I will save everyones time.

Thanks everyone.