Program installer error-"0GB Memory Installed, QB Req 1 GB"

Questions about Wine on macOS.
bad_dog_ny

Program installer error-"0GB Memory Installed, QB Req 1 GB"

Post by bad_dog_ny »

Hi,
Quick background. This is the first time I have EVER tried to use Wine. I need to send my accounting Windows laptop in for service and wanted to try to install QuickBooksPro 2013 under Wine (I do see that it reports as garbage, but that is one report under Linux. I have parallels, but not a widows install disc. Dont really want to put windows on my mac anyway, just need this one program temporarily). First, not sure how to install a complex program, I assume run the Setup.exe as if you are only going to run it once, don't create an app. So I do that and it seems to want to run, but returns the error: "0GB Memory Installed, QB Requires 1GB." (Very similar message, exact error box is attached as a png) Is the solution to this in Winetricks? Does that package contain anything that would effect memory recognition? Also, I hit install Winetricks when wine first ran, and it did something, but do I need to check each individual box to install that component? Should I install them all? Where does wine stuff install, because if this does not work, I want to remove completely. Can I remove the directory Wine Files, and will wine recreate it when needed? Lastly, it seems difficult to find a coherent guide on how to use a lot of Wine features, is there any "Quickstart" guide around for installing more complex programs, like say this or photoshop, as opposed to the ones I find that show how to install stand alone .exe files or relatively simple programs like Notebook++? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Attachments
EXACT error box. BTW, the OKAY button works.
EXACT error box. BTW, the OKAY button works.