The variable winePrefix is not defined.

Questions about Wine on macOS.
BadGoldEalge

The variable winePrefix is not defined.

Post by BadGoldEalge »

Hi I have installed a copy of burnout paradise on my mac using wine. The game works perfect but I can't access the files from the mac itself: Normally, I use finder to go to User/Winefiles/drive_c/Program Files. When I go to the Registry editor, I can see in the Program Files folder another folder which contains the Game (this folder is called Electronic Arts). But when I try to access this file from the finder, it tells me it doesn't exist... That is my first problem

The other one is that I wanted to create a shortcut for Launchpad. I tried using http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/FAQs#head ... d8cad5885d with no luck because Script Editor tells me that "The variable winePrefix is not defined." I have to admit I haven't installed X11, is that necessary?

Here is my "script" for this game:
on run

set toRun to "$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Burnout(™) Paradise The Ultimate Box/BurnoutParadise.exe"
set dyldFallbackLibraryPath to "/opt/X11/lib"

set toRunPath to do shell script "WINEPREFIX=\"" & winePrefix & "\"; TEMPVAR=\"" & toRun & "\"; echo \"${TEMPVAR%/*}\""
set toRunFile to do shell script "WINEPREFIX=\"" & winePrefix & "\"; TEMPVAR=\"" & toRun & "\"; TEMPVAR2=\"" & toRunPath & "\"; echo \"${TEMPVAR#$TEMPVAR2/}\""
do shell script "PATH=\"" & wineLocation & ":$PATH\"; export WINEPREFIX=\"" & winePrefix & "\"; export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=\"" & dyldFallbackLibraryPath & "\"; cd \"" & toRunPath & "\"; wine \"" & toRunFile & "\" > /dev/null 2>&1 &"

end run

HELP? ;)
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: The variable winePrefix is not defined.

Post by doh123 »

If your wineprefix you used to install is in the normal location... it will be hidden to Finder.

Try typing this in Terminal and seeing if it pops up in Finder.
open ~/.wine

if you set a wineprefix to be /User/Winefiles or whatever, then of course its different.

As to your script, it should work wether or not your using X11. You are missing several parts of the script here than whats on the Wiki page you linked to though, including the part where it sets the 'winePrefix' variable. Maybe a bad copy/paste job?