Window is minimized and now I can't open it anymore!! (Mac)

Questions about Wine on macOS.
lip5016

Window is minimized and now I can't open it anymore!! (Mac)

Post by lip5016 »

Hello. I'm using Wine and I minimized the window (using the little yellow dot in the top left).. and now when I click on the opened icon in the "Dock", the program title "Wine" appears on the very top Apple Menu Bar, but not the actual window itself..

I have tried Command+Tab and selected the running app "Wine".. and it just does the same thing.. appears on the very top Apple Menu Bar, but not the actual window itself..

When the "Wine" app shows up on the TOP Menu Bar, I've tried clicking "Window", and there's nothing showing there.. I've tried disabling all the "extra" dock preferences.. still nothing.. I've checked any possible other opened desktops, still nothing.. Also, when I right-click the Wine app in the dock, and click "Show All Windows", it just shows me a gray screen with nothing there..

Is there any way to "Maximize" or bring back open this app? I have some complex things running in it that will take some time to complete, so I really want to avoid "Quitting" the app altogether..

Is there any way to get this window to show? Thank you!
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Window is minimized and now I can't open it anymore!! (M

Post by doh123 »

I don't do this much so I don't recall exactly... but it may be minimizing the old fashioned way... as a window icon in the dock next to your trashcan... clicking the main app icon won't restore those... you have to click on the minimized specific window over on the right hand area of the dock.
Ade

Re: Window is minimized and now I can't open it anymore!! (M

Post by Ade »

Click on top on Window an choose bring all to front, or something like that