Xbox 360 Controller within Wine

Questions about Wine on macOS.
Stubo

Xbox 360 Controller within Wine

Post by Stubo »

Hey all,

Just to start off, yes, I have spent some time googling the answer trying to fix it myself. I just can't get it though.

Here's the problem: I'm running Wine on OSX Mountain Lion. I have an Xbox 360 controller that I'd love to get working on Steam. I've installed the drivers for OSX, and it works great. I can open Steam through OSX and play games with the controller easily.

However, I simply cannot get any application through Wine to recognise it. Are there any settings I'm missing? I've got xinput and dinput installed through winetricks. My games run without a hitch. Its just not getting the signal from OSX to Wine, and I'm pretty sure I'm just doing something really obvious that I'm not seeing.

FYI, the game I'm trying to get working with it is Skyrim, which yes, does have 360 controller support.

Any suggestions?
Stubo

Re: Xbox 360 Controller within Wine

Post by Stubo »

I just noticed, actually, that one of Wine 1.6's defining features will be "USB support".

Does this mean that Wine does not currently support USBs? I thought I'd seen elsewhere people had gotten it working.

Anyone?