Internet explorer

Questions about Wine on macOS.
mashavecher

Internet explorer

Post by mashavecher »

Hi, I'm using wine on mac (Lion), I've installed an application, which seems to run ok apart from question marks instead of russian language, but it requires Internet explorer, now it only opens a blank page, and does not connect to bank server (the application is an installable program for online banking). So winetricks fakeie6, returns no command or something like that. Should I install internet explorer? Should I use a different prefix for this installation? If yes, please provide step by step instructions, considering I'm on mac, for I'm a newbie, and don't want to mess up my only mission critical machine.
Thank you.
dimesio

Re: Internet explorer

Post by dimesio »

mashavecher wrote:Hi, I'm using wine on mac (Lion), I've installed an application, which seems to run ok apart from question marks instead of russian language, but it requires Internet explorer, now it only opens a blank page, and does not connect to bank server (the application is an installable program for online banking). So winetricks fakeie6, returns no command or something like that. Should I install internet explorer? Should I use a different prefix for this installation? If yes, please provide step by step instructions, considering I'm on mac, for I'm a newbie, and don't want to mess up my only mission critical machine.
Thank you.
What version of Wine? If it's not the latest development release, upgrade. Installing to a separate wineprefix is a good idea. Follow the instructions here: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#wineprefix

If it doesn't work in current Wine, post terminal output. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log
mashavecher

Post by mashavecher »

Thank you for help. I did wine tricks ie7, but the application still refused to connect to server, so I just uninstalled ie7. I don't know which version of wine I'm using, I've installed it with macports. How do I upgrade wine? I guess through macports? Well, I was just giving it a try,and I'm not that much disappointed, most important windows programs run perfectly with my current wine. Thanks again
mashavecher

Post by mashavecher »

wine version 1.5.5