Working Compile on OS/X 10.7 (Lion)

Questions about Wine on macOS.
LemLock

Post by LemLock »

I've been trying for sometime to get a working compile on Lion and have had little to no success in getting wine to work correctly. If I compiled wine on 10.6.x and then upgrade to Lion that will work, but a fresh new compile on Lion doesn't seem to work using X-Code 3.2.6 or X-Code 4.1.

So I ask the question... Has anyone got a fresh compile of wine to work on Lion and if so what steps did you take to get it to work?

Thanks!
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Working Compile on OS/X 10.7 (Lion)

Post by doh123 »

LemLock wrote:I've been trying for sometime to get a working compile on Lion and have had little to no success in getting wine to work correctly. If I compiled wine on 10.6.x and then upgrade to Lion that will work, but a fresh new compile on Lion doesn't seem to work using X-Code 3.2.6 or X-Code 4.1.

So I ask the question... Has anyone got a fresh compile of wine to work on Lion and if so what steps did you take to get it to work?

Thanks!
it works fine.. you need to tell us what your doing exactly... what your typing in, and what its telling you as a result.

Remember though if you have Xcode (any version) on 10.6 and then upgrade to 10.7, you'll lose all your command line tools, like gcc compiler, and you won't be able to build Wine. You need to install/reinstall Xcode in Lion.
LemLock

Post by LemLock »

I've essentially used the "osxwinebuilder.sh" script with some slight modifications since some of the apps on there don't seem to compile right out of the box.

I've posted my version of the build script here:
http://code.google.com/p/osxwinebuilder ... tail?id=21

Maybe I'm compiling in too much for what I want it to do. (which is to play a couple of games) However like I said I've got it to work on 10.6.8, but those same steps don't work on 10.7.1. I've tried both X-Code 3.2.6 and X-Code 4.1 on Lion using this script and the resulting binary doesn't work. (for me anyway)

Maybe I just need to strip everything down and just build wine using the fewest options to get it to work.

Thanks.
ryan woodsmall

Post by ryan woodsmall »

I've essentially used the "osxwinebuilder.sh" script with some slight modifications since some of the apps on there don't seem to compile right out of the box.

I've posted my version of the build script here:
http://code.google.com/p/osxwinebuilder ... tail?id=21

Maybe I'm compiling in too much for what I want it to do. (which is to play a couple of games) However like I said I've got it to work on 10.6.8, but those same steps don't work on 10.7.1. I've tried both X-Code 3.2.6 and X-Code 4.1 on Lion using this script and the resulting binary doesn't work. (for me anyway)

Maybe I just need to strip everything down and just build wine using the fewest options to get it to work.
That's likely the case. I package a *lot* of stuff up with the build for parity with Wine packaged with Linux distros. A lot of the reqs (SDL, Gstreamer, SANE) can probably be pulled out with the appropriate configuration options. Still don't have a Lion build box for testing though, so I can't say exactly what can be pulled out, but gstreamer and its reqs can easily be disabled. -r