gstreamer on Mac OS X

Questions about Wine on macOS.
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

gstreamer on Mac OS X

Post by doh123 »

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Configure always tells me the development files are not found for base plugins... maybe they need to be in a different location than I have them... I know this was true for gsm which I finally got working after having to manually make dylibs and subfolders in my includes...

I have installed, with development files...

gstreamer, along with the base and good plugins.

I still get an error
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found, gstreamer support disabled
even though I do have the 32 bit plug ins... so I'm guessing things aren't in the right place for configure to find them.

Is there somewhere I can get a list of what header files and libraries and the locations that configure normally looks for? and maybe subfolders inside folders it checks?

for gsm, and others, I can read the config lines and it tells me where its looking... like gsm/gsm.h, but configure never outputs ANYTHING about gstreamer until the above message.

Currently have only tried with Wine 1.3.11
James Mckenzie

gstreamer on Mac OS X

Post by James Mckenzie »

doh123 <[email protected]> wrote:
I'm getting the same error, but this is recent as 1.3.10 did not report this error. I'll look and see if the files somehow were deleted.
Configure always tells me the development files are not found for base plugins... maybe they need to be in a different location than I have them... I know this was true for gsm which I finally got working after having to manually make dylibs and subfolders in my includes...

I have installed, with development files...
Did you build for 32 bit rather than the default 64?

I noticed that you said you have the 32 bit plugins, but I'm under the impression more is needed than that.

James McKenzie
ryan woodsmall

gstreamer on Mac OS X

Post by ryan woodsmall »

configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins 32-bit development files not found, gstreamer support disabled
I have Wine 1.3.1x compiling against gstreamer 0.10, but I had to link the gst subdirectory from the versioned includes dir like:

cd /full/path/to/includes
ln -Ffs gstreamer-0.10/gst gst

That should allow configure to find the include files. -r
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: gstreamer on Mac OS X

Post by doh123 »

ryan woodsmall wrote:
I have Wine 1.3.1x compiling against gstreamer 0.10, but I had to link the gst subdirectory from the versioned includes dir like:

cd /full/path/to/includes
ln -Ffs gstreamer-0.10/gst gst

That should allow configure to find the include files. -r
I tried that... but it still gives me the error... maybe I did somehow and screw up and get 64 bit... though I'm pretty sure I built it all 32 bit. i built it off Macports with only i386 available in config on Mac OS X 10.5. Going to download the source and manually build it
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

i downloaded gstreamer, and gst-plugin-base and compiled them 32 bit manually.

I have the gstreamer-0.10 folder in my normal includes folder (where Wine is pulling everything else) it has the gst subfolder and all the normal things in there... i also have a symlink in includes called gst that links to the gst folder under gstreamer-0.10

I have all the gstreamer and gst dylibs in the normal lib folder where its picking everything else up for Wine... and a gstreamer-0.10 folder in lib there that has all the .la and .so files in it.

it still always says that the plug 32 bit dev files are not found....
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

doh123 wrote:it still always says that the plug 32 bit dev files are not found....
Look inside configure.log. You might be missing some other library gstreamer depends on.
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

vitamin wrote:
doh123 wrote:it still always says that the plug 32 bit dev files are not found....
Look inside configure.log. You might be missing some other library gstreamer depends on.
like what?

Wine's config log lists this

Code: Select all

GSTREAMER_INCL=''
GSTREAMER_LIBS=''
which leads me to believe it didn't find the files at all, even though they are in the exact same location as every other dep that Wine is finding just fine
Alexandre Julliard

gstreamer on Mac OS X

Post by Alexandre Julliard »

"doh123" <[email protected]> writes:
I tried that... but it still gives me the error... maybe I did somehow
and screw up and get 64 bit... though I'm pretty sure I built it all
32 bit. i built it off Macports with only i386 available in config on
Mac OS X 10.5. Going to download the source and manually build it
There's no reason to use gstreamer on Mac OS X, we support the Quicktime
libraries which should provide equivalent functionality.

--
Alexandre Julliard
[email protected]
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: gstreamer on Mac OS X

Post by doh123 »

Alexandre Julliard wrote:"doh123" <[email protected]> writes:
I tried that... but it still gives me the error... maybe I did somehow
and screw up and get 64 bit... though I'm pretty sure I built it all
32 bit. i built it off Macports with only i386 available in config on
Mac OS X 10.5. Going to download the source and manually build it
There's no reason to use gstreamer on Mac OS X, we support the Quicktime
libraries which should provide equivalent functionality.

--
Alexandre Julliard
[email protected]
Thats fantastic to know... I had no idea! Thanks!