fallout new vegas wineskin mac osx 10.6.5

Questions about Wine on macOS.
winvirus

Post by winvirus »

Hi I'm having issues with this. When I run FalloutNVLauncher.exe it boots up and then it says it's going to detect my hardware settings to determine video settings and then it crashes saying FalloutNVLauncher.exe has encountered a serious problem and must close. How do I fix this?
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

other than following suggestions in the AppDB entry (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=21692) I don't really know.

Wineskin isn't really supported here, but if you run a Test Run, it should generate logs, which the Wine log is normal Wine terminal output, which would help know what was going on. If your using Wineskin 1.2... well I need to take that down really... Wineskin 2.0 beta is a lot better overall.
winvirus

Post by winvirus »

http://pastebin.com/6U4qKpnC

That's the LastRunWine.log. I'll check out the link you gave me. Thanks.
winefan62
Level 2
Level 2

Post by winefan62 »

Use POM 2.4.1, it have NV installer in the "testing" section, reported working by OSX users.

htttp://www.playonmac.com/
doh123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by doh123 »

this line leads me to think you may need to install a native msvcr90 possibly.
wine: Call from 0x7b82b501 to unimplemented function msvcr90.dll.qsort_s, aborting
You can do that by using Winetricks in Wineskin to install vcrun2008

I know its possible to get to to work, because someone at portingteam.com has a working Wineskin wrapper available for this game... you could always try downloading that one since its set to go.
seank

I'm really lost!

Post by seank »

I'm new to all of this, never played a windows game on mac before, but I thought I might get some help here. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread or anything like this.

I copied fallout new vegas from a friend who I'm pretty sure downloaded it illegaly. Don't know if this is relevant, just want to be sure. First of all it won't start - I have the same problem as the creator of this thread. And since I'm so new at this your replies don't make any sense to me.

So I guess what I need is to told what to do step by step. I want fallout to work because I've heard great things about it, and I hope somebody doesn't mind going to the trouble of telling what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance!
vitamin

Re: I'm really lost!

Post by vitamin »

seank wrote:I copied fallout new vegas from a friend
Illegal software is not supported here. Please refrain from future posts of this nature or your account will be removed.
James McKenzie

Post by James McKenzie »

On 3/19/11 8:43 AM, seank wrote:
I'm new to all of this, never played a windows game on mac before, but I thought I might get some help here. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread or anything like this.

I copied fallout new vegas from a friend who I'm pretty sure downloaded it illegaly. Don't know if this is relevant, just want to be sure.
It is VERY relevant. You could infect your system with a virus or other
malware. Never, ever use software of a dubious nature, even on your Mac.
So I guess what I need is to told what to do step by step. I want fallout to work because I've heard great things about it, and I hope somebody doesn't mind going to the trouble of telling what needs to be done.
First thing: Pay a visit to our Applications Database to see if the pro
will install and run under Wine (rating of other than Garbage) when run
on a Mac.
Second thing: If the program will run, go and purchase a LEGAL original
copy.
Third thing: Get Wine from MacPorts, Fink or if you are feeling
venturous, download the Source and look at the Dependencies page on the
Wine Wiki and then build and install it.

James McKenzie