installing MS Office Project 2007 from trial disc

Questions about Wine on Linux
frenzy

installing MS Office Project 2007 from trial disc

Post by frenzy »

Hello,

I can't get setup.exe to install Microsoft Office Project 2007 on Xubuntu Jaunty 9.04 using Wine 1.0.1. At first the installation box will open, and I may see a hint of the colorful Office 2007 logo; but then a small box opens and says "Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from the original source disc or download location." I've tried installing as XP, 2003 and Vista, and I've tried everyway mentioned in the FAQ to run in terminal. I can get a real version Thursday, but I just wanted to test this trial tonight. This isn't a homemade CD; it's a Microsoft CD that came with my schoolbook and a Product Key even.
dimesio

Re: installing MS Office Project 2007 from trial disc

Post by dimesio »

frenzy wrote:Hello,

I can't get setup.exe to install Microsoft Office Project 2007 on Xubuntu Jaunty 9.04 using Wine 1.0.1. At first the installation box will open, and I may see a hint of the colorful Office 2007 logo; but then a small box opens and says "Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from the original source disc or download location." I've tried installing as XP, 2003 and Vista, and I've tried everyway mentioned in the FAQ to run in terminal. I can get a real version Thursday, but I just wanted to test this trial tonight. This isn't a homemade CD; it's a Microsoft CD that came with my schoolbook and a Product Key even.
Upgrade to the latest Wine. Office 2007 will not install in 1.0.1.
flippo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by flippo »

Hello,

Before anyone can help you with your issue we will need some more information.

First, please check the wine appdb and ensure the application your trying to install is supported and if there are installation instructions you have followed them.

If it is supported and you have followed any given instructions:
can you run your command as follows:
wine setup.exe 2> ~/Desktop/debug.txt

and then give us the output of debug.txt?
frenzy

Post by frenzy »

updating worked.

now I need to find how to give myself permission or reinstall with that library override that doesn't make the menus that I want.