Testing FL Studio 20 onward on Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS

Questions about Wine on Linux
johndethorn

Testing FL Studio 20 onward on Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS

Post by johndethorn »

Hello
Yesterday I got FL Studio 20 to work well under WINE on Ubuntu Studio 22,04 LTS [plasma KDE spin of Ubuntu]

This is bare metal. Not a VM. I'd like to go about testing this further and submitting the results and a rating. The last test results for FL Studio under Wine seem to be about a year ago. Updated work is needed. I am not an expert on any of this. What should I take notice of? I haven't tested yet whether the registered status is lost upon re booting. Note that I have a bought and registered copy of FL Studio including all of the plug ins etc. Thus I could test things on a more granular level if needed. I bought FL Studio when I used to run Windows 7 and it was FL Studio 11. Of course lifetime free updates exist.

If I do this properly this could give a good WINE assessment for FL Studio.

Thank you
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Testing FL Studio 20 onward on Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS

Post by invisible kid »

Hi, just a fellow user here. I couldn't check, is there an entry in the WineHQ database? If so, maybe you can add info there. If it doesn't exist, maybe you can create it and add some info.
d00bz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Testing FL Studio 20 onward on Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS

Post by d00bz »

Yes. This was something I was very pleased about. FL Studio was one of two apps that never worked under wine previously that prevented me from going full time Linux.

I have also noticed it works great. A few issues here and there, but mostly graphical. Some text not showing up in various places. However i've been using it since version 3 haha. So I know my way around it almost blindfold. I haven't updated past version 20 yet, but I plan to in the next few days.