Ubuntu 22 broke after accidentally running exe file

Questions about Wine on Linux
ZemraleX

Ubuntu 22 broke after accidentally running exe file

Post by ZemraleX »

Hello, I upgraded my Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04, i was doing things as always, then accidentally double clicked exe file, wine lagged as always, and showed me 1 pixels stripe from up to bottom of the screen, then i started app from Lutris, and it won't launch, pressed alt + f2, then typed "r", to restart gnome session, after that, it showed the " Oh no! Something gone wrong" screen, i hit enter, to log out, and tried to log in, it showed "authentication error"

I restarted my laptop and got users screen that was like default for gnome 42 or something, tried to log in, same

I pressed ctrl + alt + f3, tried ro uninstall wine, sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get autoremove, and realised, that it won't connect to Ubuntu servers, tried to sudo ifconfig wlp3s0 up, and it won't work and showed:

sudo: unable to resolve host zemralex: Temporary failure in name resolution

Tried to hostnamectl set-hostname zemralex
But that didn't help

Idk what to do, my phone shows, that laptop connected, but nothing downloads

I know, that i wrote that to wrong place, but that is relatable to wine, cause i had similar errors before

Cant place photos, they over limit in size, and i dont know how to use imgur
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Ubuntu 22 broke after accidentally running exe file

Post by invisible kid »

Hi, just a fellow user here. So it looks like running that file changed or corrupted your network settings? Yeah, like you said, you will probably get better help at other spots. Maybe just uninstalling and reinstalling network packages will fix it? Good luck, hopefully you already fixed your issue.