game12138
Level 2
Level 2

build wine error

Post by game12138 »

I try to build wine by this

Code: Select all

https://wiki.winehq.org/Building_Biarch_Wine_On_Ubuntu#Install_LXC
it faild on install lxc with cmd "sudo lxc-create -t ubuntu -n my32bitbox -- -a i386":

Code: Select all

I: Configuring libc-bin...
I: Configuring systemd...
I: Configuring ca-certificates...
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be re-attempted up to five times.
W: See /var/cache/lxc/focal/partial-i386/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details (possibly the package python3-pymacaroons is at fault)
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be re-attempted up to five times.
W: See /var/cache/lxc/focal/partial-i386/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details (possibly the package python3-pymacaroons is at fault)
lxc-create: my32bitbox: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1616 Failed to create container from template
lxc-create: my32bitbox: tools/lxc_create.c: main: 319 Failed to create container my32bitbox
Ubuntu 20.04
wine 6.0
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: build wine error

Post by invisible kid »

Hiya! Just a fellow user here. I noticed on the page you linked it says:
NOTICE: This guide is a little outdated. As of the time of this writing (2019) most of Wine's dependencies are multiarch-compatible on Ubuntu, with a few notable exceptions (libgstreamer, mostly). Unless you really need both versions of one or more multiarch-incompatible libraries, you can probably just skip all the nonsense with containers and follow the instructions at Building_Wine#Shared_WoW64.
Since you are having a problem installing the container, if you are able to build this way, I would go for it:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Building_Wine#Shared_WoW64