Vegas Pro 11 can't draw audio Peaks

Questions about Wine on Linux
guferr
Level 1
Level 1

Vegas Pro 11 can't draw audio Peaks

Post by guferr »

I'm running Wine Staging 5.9 on Linux Mint Tricia (19.3), which is by far the best version I found for both my games and software (newer versions break some of them) and I'm trying to run Vegas Pro 11.

Vegas Pro 11 is the most compatible version and everything works aside from two things.

One of them is that one of the plugins "crash" but it doesn't really halt the program, it simply continues working as long as I don't click anything in the error message window.

The other is that it doesn't draw the audio waveform in the timeline (which Vegas calls "Peaks").

This doesn't crash it, but makes editing a lot harder because I need to sync videos from different cameras.

Most of the wine output is unrelated with the error, plus there's a message that's replicated over a thousand times, but the core of the output related to the drawing of the peaks is this section:

Code: Select all

00c4:fixme:msvideo:DrawDibRealize (0000000000000003, 00000000001F0297, 0), stub
Seems to be an issue related with msvideo, which I tried to tackle by switching msvideo.dll, msvidc32.dll and msvfw32.dll (both 32 and 64 bit versions) to native in winecfg.

It didn't solve anything.

Then I downloaded these dlls from a dll site, all of them of the same version (10.0.14393.0), replaced the dlls in wine, nothing again.

Surprisingly it didn't crash anything further, the error kept the same.

The only thing that happened ever since I changed them to native is that Vegas wouldn't start and I had to copy msvfw32.dll to its folder, but it worked with both the version from wine as well as with the version I downloaded.

I'm beginning to think that none of these libraries directly affected the drawing of the Peaks, otherwise changing their version should at least do something.

Do you have any idea of what I could try next?