Accordance 13 Screen Solid Black

Questions about Wine on Linux
parkernathan
Level 2
Level 2

Accordance 13 Screen Solid Black

Post by parkernathan »

I'm trying to install the Windows version of Accordance 13 under the WINE 6.0.2 on Linux Mint Uma Cinnamon on a 2011 iMac I erased macOS on and installed Linux Mint. I installed WINE directly through the installation instructions on winehq.org, not the Software Manager.

So far, Logos 9, EchoLink, and Nota Bene are running successfully on Accordance 13.

First, Accordance 13 would not launch. I followed these instructions on the Accordance Forums to install an upgraded mesa package:
https://forums.accordancebible.com/topi ... ent-156569

Accordance 13 will now launch. However, the screen is totally blacked out where I cannot read anything. I can post screenshots if need be.

Does anyone have some suggestions on what I can do to remove the black out and get Accordance 13 running decently on WINE? If I can manage to get it running at least decently for critical work, I'll have zero reason to need to remain on Windows or Mac and can 100% transition my daily work machine to Linux.

Thanks!
parkernathan
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Accordance 13 Screen Solid Black

Post by parkernathan »

I've attached a Terminal output of running the app under WINE with the error message it's throwing. This might help to pinpoint specifically what is causing the screen to black out.
Attachments
accordance.txt.zip
(859 Bytes) Downloaded 122 times
parkernathan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by parkernathan »

I have someone looking into this. I'll followup with the results.
parkernathan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by parkernathan »

The previous version of Accordance (10) on WINE hit a brick wall, so I've scrapped that version.

I may give it a spin on PlayOnLinux or a CrossOver trial.

It's "possible" that Accordance is hiring me this year as a consultant. If they do, I'll have direct access to their Windows developer and can find out more about dependencies that the Windows version needs, plus with the extra income, I'd probably go ahead and invest in CrossOver. I'll have more resources to investigate this further (and actually get paid to do it). In the meantime, I'll keep using it on my other Mac at the moment, and I could throw it in a Windows VM if need be.

Thanks again!
dcpurton

Post by dcpurton »

parkernathan wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:53 pm The previous version of Accordance (10) on WINE hit a brick wall, so I've scrapped that version.
I have Accordance 10 working well with Wine 5.0, but Debian finally dropped Wine 5.x in Testing :(. Accordance 10 does not work with Wine 6.x or 7.x. I restored things by downgrading to Wine 5.x from WineHQ.

I've never had success with Accordance 12 or 13.
parkernathan wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:53 pm It's "possible" that Accordance is hiring me this year as a consultant. If they do, I'll have direct access to their Windows developer and can find out more about dependencies that the Windows version needs, plus with the extra income, I'd probably go ahead and invest in CrossOver. I'll have more resources to investigate this further (and actually get paid to do it). In the meantime, I'll keep using it on my other Mac at the moment, and I could throw it in a Windows VM if need be.
Ooooo. How possible? I don't have Mac or Windows and I've persisted with Accordance on Linux for years. I first used it under the Mac OS Classic Emulator.

Obviously, everyone wants a Linux version, but I'd settle for a usable experience under the latest version of Wine.