wine internet explorer fails to download files / need to upload from windows drive letters

Questions about Wine on Linux
alex-ie

wine internet explorer fails to download files / need to upload from windows drive letters

Post by alex-ie »

I've run

Code: Select all

wine iexplore
and can open web pages (finally with Gecko added). When I choose `about` in the menu it says `Wine Internet Exproler Running on wine 6`. But none of the other menus seems to work, like `save as`. When I clicked a link to a file on a page, in the status it started to display "Downloading from ..." but I have no idea where to if indeed a file was downloaded.

Can I download / upload files using Internet Explorer in wine? Can IE on wine access windows drive letters so that when I enter path_to_file to forms on internet pages it can upload them?
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: wine internet explorer fails to download files / need to upload from windows drive letters

Post by invisible kid »

Only replying to say I tested and got the same results as you. Like you hinted at I don't think a file is actually getting saved (I did a 'find' in ~/.wine and came up empty). Without getting specific I would try getting the files via a native linux browser, then placing the file where it needs to be and vice versa when going the other way? Either way, good luck. Or maybe get a different browser for Windows by downloading using a linux browser, then launch that via wine?