Failling to install MS office 2010

Questions about Wine on Linux
steveis2
Level 1
Level 1

Failling to install MS office 2010

Post by steveis2 »

Hi,
I am attempting to install MS office 2010. I have set winecfg to a number of versions of windows and used the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of office 2010. However once the installer is going it produces the error that the installer has encountered a problem and ended every time There are no other error messages from Linux itself or the installer.
I downloaded the stable release from wineHq and presume it must be the latest. I've reached the limit of my own knowledge as to what I can try. If someone can point me in an approximate direction for a solution I'll have another attempt.

Regards Steve
steveis2
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Failling to install MS office 2010

Post by steveis2 »

Hi
In the end I solved the problem by installing the most recent version of play on linux at the command prompt. Apart from some errors due to the lack of online services for upgrades it did
install and has worked. I would like to be able to figure out the 'what's and whys' of using wine more directly but at the moment using play on linux is about the best I can do.

Steve
shuffle1990
Level 1
Level 1

Post by shuffle1990 »

Hi Steveis2, is it similar to this post?

viewtopic.php?p=134778#p134778
cmdl
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cmdl »

I don’t know why non POL doesn’t work for you but fyi, you can install different versions of Wine with POL by using Tools -> Manage Wine Versions. So, you’re not limited to trying just one version.