Starting ADE

Questions about Wine on Linux
danidani
Level 2
Level 2

Starting ADE

Post by danidani »

Hi everybody, I had some problems to run Adobe Digital Editions from some mounts, since I updated Wine.
I uninstalled everything (Wine, ADE, Winetricks, ecc.), I reinstalled 2 times WineHQ, dotnet4.0, ADE4.5. But I don't know why it is installed on my computer but doesn't start.
I go to a file, mouse right-click "Oper it with Wine Adobe digital Editions", I click on it, I wait and nothing happened.
I have Linux Mint last version, Wine 6.
danidani
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Starting ADE

Post by danidani »

I had problem to install .net, thanks to this forum I resolved, but the conversation went to this new problem. I'm talkin about this topic where an user tells me to create a dotnet-test folder. Inside this folder ADE normally works, If I go to dotnet-test/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 and I write

Code: Select all

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 WINEPREFIX=~/dotnet-test wine DigitalEditions.exe 
Ade works.
But if I go to menu and open it in the GUI it doesn't work.
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

You probably need to track down whatever creates that menu entry and make sure that it's running that command from the right directory and with those environment variables. I'm not sure but I assume Mint has a way to edit menu entries; from a quick search it may be as simple as right clicking the menu and selecting the appropriate action.
cmdl
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cmdl »

danidani wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:06 pm

Code: Select all

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 WINEPREFIX=~/dotnet-test wine DigitalEditions.exe 
Has nothing to do with which folder you install to. It is because Mesa is hindering OpenGL from launching. Just make a shortcut with that command and it will keep launching.
danidani
Level 2
Level 2

Post by danidani »

OK Thank you, now I create an alias and I can open it from the terminal.
Is it possible to associate the alias to the GUI?