Cannot install .net

Questions about Wine on Linux
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Cannot install .net

Post by jkfloris »

Before we fix that problem, is it possible to open an acsm file in ADE?
- Start ADE → File → Add to Library (or with <Ctrl>+O
Bamm
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Bamm »

I just installed dotnet in wine 6.20 and it worked. Running the following command

Code: Select all

winetricks -q vcrun2019 dotnet35sp1 dotnet452 dotnet472 dotnet48
Gave me a wine prefix that had .NET 3.5 to 4.8 installed.

I successfully ran programs in it that required .NET Framework.
danidani
Level 2
Level 2

Post by danidani »

Update.
I uninstalled everything, ADE, wine, winetricks etc...
Reinstalled Winehq-stable, .net and ADE successfully.
I tried the test code that you said to me before, the test doesn't have error output.
But ADE doesn't work.
It's installed, computer see it, but when I click on it to read a book, on the menu, or in .wine-drive_C-Program Files (x86)-Adobe-Adobe digital editions-DigitalEditions.exe nothing happen.
I think that I had some problems in the old installation of wine, now I know that is better because I could install .net and ADE on the first try.
Sorry for the time wasted right now. Now I have to understand why actually doesn't work.
danidani
Level 2
Level 2

Post by danidani »

Now when I tried to open it I have the message "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application."
What does it means?
danidani
Level 2
Level 2

Post by danidani »

Now I have a good news!
I reinstalled everything, also I rebuild dotnet-test folder, when I go to the ADE folder and do

Code: Select all

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 WINEPREFIX=~/dotnet-test wine DigitalEditions.exe
it works! It open me ADE, I didn't see ADE for months, so I was excited, but....
but if I open ADE normally it doesn't work.
So, the test works, the .net is installed, so I could close this topic because the topic problem is resolved, and I still have the problem of ADE, I open a new topic for this problem.
Bamm
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Bamm »

danidani wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:49 pm Now when I open a .acsm file it says to me "Windows doesn't have a program to open this file." :|
You can just set the file associations in the wine's Windows Registry. Most programs will allow you to do that on first run, or have a setting to associate files it can open. In my case though I would rather associate the Linux way (Freedesktop) by creating desktop files and setting the mimetype, and setting the exec to the exe file run by wine.