Zoom Meeting App won't start

Questions about Wine on Linux
BusinessKid

Zoom Meeting App won't start

Post by BusinessKid »

The linux Zoom program is the worst of spaghetti software, which pulls the trick of randomly adding ~100% to the cpu load and not allowing the fan to speed up, so the box overheats & cuts out. I decided to try the windows (64bit) version.

The installer did the business with the usual 10,000 or so errors. I click on Join Meeting, and I can enter the meeting number. but not my name or the password, so 'Join' remains greyed out. The errors here are mainly richedit stuff, but a host of other things. I stuck the non repetitive ones here: https://pastebin.com/uRQ32Jai

I don't like zoom software but have no choice. Any ideas to get over the text issues or for good WINEDEBUG options to find out what the problem is? There's no setup options available.

I'm on Slackware64 with multilib and Alien Bob's 64+32 build of wine-6.1 staging (April?). His lastest build is wine-6.12, from last July. Should I update? I tried compiling myself, but my box has no fire in it's belly, and the build is quite involved.