Can't open file in windows application without terminal=true in desktop file

Questions about Wine on Linux
meyer
Level 3
Level 3

Can't open file in windows application without terminal=true in desktop file

Post by meyer »

Hi,

i open avisynth files in the avisynth editor 'avspmod'. that works perfect on my old system (ubuntu 20.04 with wine 5.18). now i have a new installed ubuntu and wine 6.16 and a new wine prefix. the versions of avisynth and avspmod are the same. i open the avs-files in avspmod with action menus in the thunar file manager (right click and open with). the exec command is

Code: Select all

env WINEPREFIX=/home/meyer/.wine wine "/home/meyer/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/AvsPmod/AvsPmod.exe" %F
which works without problems in terminal. but when i try this command in the desktop file the editor isn't opened, nothing happens. when i edit the desktop file and try

Terminal=true
instead of

Terminal=false
all works. what is the problem when i try to open the file without a terminal window?
meyer
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Can't open file in windows application without terminal=true in desktop file

Post by meyer »

No idea? I tried it with several versions oft wine and ubuntu and always the same.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Can't open file in windows application without terminal=true in desktop file

Post by jkfloris »

Does it make a difference if you use the following command?

env WINEPREFIX=/home/meyer/.wine wine start /unix "/home/meyer/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/AvsPmod/AvsPmod.exe" %F
meyer
Level 3
Level 3

Post by meyer »

I had the same problem also with wine 5.22 but now it works with 'start /unix'. Is there something changed from 5.18 to newer versions?