Tiberian Sun - can't find CD

Questions about Wine on Linux
Time4Tea
Level 3
Level 3

Tiberian Sun - can't find CD

Post by Time4Tea »

Hi, I am trying to install Tiberian Sun and play it in Wine. I am using Parabola (Arch Linux variant) and Wine Staging version 6.14. I have downloaded the .iso files for the free version that is legally available here.

I have managed to install the game from the CD ok; however, when I try to start it, it cannot find the CD. I have tried quite a few things but nothing seems to work. I have tried loop-mounting the .iso file and mapping D: to it in Wine. I have also tried burning the .iso file to a physical CD, but that also seems not to work. If I run:

Code: Select all

wine start "D:/autorun.exe"
then the autorun CD menu appears, so Wine is clearly finding the CD; however, when I try to start the game, it tells me to insert the correct CD and then quits. I get the following messages in the terminal:

Code: Select all

002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk wine-staging 6.14 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
006c:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\wineusb": c0000142
003c:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"wineusb" failed to start: 1114
0118:fixme:file:NtFsControlFile stub! return success - Unsupported fsctl 90018 (device=9 access=0 func=6 method=0)
0118:fixme:file:NtFsControlFile stub! return success - Unsupported fsctl 9001c (device=9 access=0 func=7 method=0)
0118:fixme:file:NtFsControlFile stub! return success - Unsupported fsctl 90018 (device=9 access=0 func=6 method=0)
0118:fixme:file:NtFsControlFile stub! return success - Unsupported fsctl 9001c (device=9 access=0 func=7 method=0)
Looking at the game in the AppDB, it seems to generally have gold/platinum ratings for most tests. Does anyone have any ideas of other things I can try?