Wine Audio Stream Problem

Questions about Wine on Linux
spxctreofficial

Wine Audio Stream Problem

Post by spxctreofficial »

Hello WineHQ Forums,

I am running into an issue where running Wine at the same time as using an application that plays a sound on my Linux operating system itself causes one of the audio streams to not be played. I am aware that the issue may be because of the use of my audio hardware directly (by either Wine or my application), but I have not seem to have found a workaround for this issue. Can anyone help?

My audio source: "Line Out (Built-in Audio Analog Stereo)"
Linux OS: Garuda Linux

I am currently attempting to run the game "Among Us" through the Heroic Games Launcher, with the Wine prefix set to the default Wine prefix (`/home/USER/.wine/`), using the Wine version `lutris-6.1-3-x86_64` (this is the only version that seemed to work fine for me at the moment).

Regards,
Spxctre
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Wine Audio Stream Problem

Post by invisible kid »

Older audio on linux uses oss/alsa and oss would cause problems and lock up resources with one program using it. There were various workarounds for that. More modern versions of distros use pulseaudio. You are probably using pulseaudio. If you are you can at least launch

Code: Select all

pavucontrol
(not sure if it's a separate install) and see what that reports and play around with input/output settings. If an application is up and making sound, it should have an entry in pavucontrol where you can manage volume per application. Sometimes it still happens between apps, for example some times I have to exit out of firefox and start the application. Then I can restart firefox and both streams play.