Windows app under wine Exception message?

Questions about Wine on Linux
pax-eterna
Level 2
Level 2

Windows app under wine Exception message?

Post by pax-eterna »

Trying to run a small app and it keeps throwing this error - Exception: CPP_EXCEPTION (0xE06D7363) .

It's probably a "how long is a piece of string" question, but would anyone here have an inkling of what it could be/mean? The app developer has three apps in this pack, this one is the only one that displays this fault.
pax-eterna
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Windows app under wine Exception message?

Post by pax-eterna »

I am hoping to get an answer as soon as poss, becuase I need this applet to edit a hardware keyboard.

Even is someone can advise what it is I can do further research. I have checked google and not a lot comes up, apart from it's a common error?
steve_johnson56
Level 2
Level 2

Post by steve_johnson56 »

What linux are you running? What version of wine? App? Console log?
pax-eterna
Level 2
Level 2

Post by pax-eterna »

Yeah sorry, forgot my bad....Manjaro (latest) Wine-Staging latest whatever number that happens to be. Updated it last night. App is a windows app called Yamaha Montage Tools by John Melas (already sent him messages, but no reply as yet - not sure I'll even get anywhere there as he really is only a Windows/MAC programmer) . Last one, console log? I'll need assistance with that, sorry!
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

pax-eterna wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:25 pm ... Last one, console log? I'll need assistance with that, sorry!
@pax-eterna

See: WineHQ FAQ: 10.1.1 How can I get a debugging log (a.k.a. terminal output)?

It's worth reading through the whole of the WineHQ FAQ...
Saves us posting you more URI links to it!

Bob
pax-eterna
Level 2
Level 2

Post by pax-eterna »

Thanks Bob....still new to all of this. Developer got back to me and is going to try and send a testing build that should identify the culprits. Also sent the app to the WINE Database for addition.

PS: as for reading the whole FAQ, being in four bands, writing music for plays, trying to learn Linux itself, day job - I really do not have time to sit down and just read the whole thing. I can only manage it on a case by case basis as it happens, and even when you do a search of the FAQ, a lot of the time an answer cannot be found, more than likely due to incorrect syntax that the search engine AI is not yet up to sorting out. Hence the posting.

It's a sad thing, but a lot of experienced users automatically assume a poster has not done any searching or research and is using the forum as a first response rather than a last resort.....well at least, that has been my experience so far. Essentially all I am after is information on where to look so I can research the answer myself, ergo learing it far quicker and mroe permanently. Most of the time all I get is someone saying "look here" with no further explanation or suggestion, and nearly ALWAYS that simply leads to more questions as the choices are usually myriad and just as complicated.