How to play old Wine games with controllers?

Questions about Wine on Linux
byjove01
Level 3
Level 3

How to play old Wine games with controllers?

Post by byjove01 »

Hello.

I want to use my gaming controller with my Wine games, notably some of them that are definitely not made to be played with keypad (Rayman Legends, some LEGO games etc.)... but I really don't know how to do this. The worst thing is that apparently Wine is able to take my controller in charge for games like Skyrim, but I guess it's only in reason of the controller drive this game uses, that is probably more modern than the ones used by the games I want to play.
I tried many searches on the internet but I couldn't find anything serious about how I could use my controllers with Wine today. I tried x360ce and many alternatives (any of them didn't work at all), to use the vanilla settings in Wine control panel, none of this worked.

I'm on Arch, Wine is evidently up-to-date, I tried to update drivers even when it was said to me they were also up-to-date... I don't have a lot much to say. Can anyone help me ?
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: How to play old Wine games with controllers?

Post by jkfloris »

If the game does not have joystick support, then you can use AntiMicroX or similar.
AntiMicroX is a graphical program used to map gamepad keys to keyboard, mouse, scripts and macros. You can use this program to control any desktop application with a gamepad on Linux.