Bug-Report: IrfanView garbles mouse position after zoom/crop

Questions about Wine on Linux
=CO= Windler
Level 2
Level 2

Bug-Report: IrfanView garbles mouse position after zoom/crop

Post by =CO= Windler »

I need IrfanView to bulk-rename and resize (change resolution and memory consumption) hundreds of photos simultaneously. For this I often crop/trim images and found a nasty bug.

After marking a rectangular photo area with the mouse and zooming into it (click left mouse button), selecting another photo in the IrfanView Thumbnails window makes WINE mess up the horizontal mouse position. So further marking of a photo area will fail by making the frame appear in a horizontally wrong position or not at all, which prevent proper cropping of further photos.

The only workaround is closing all IrfanView windows, which is very awkward because reloading into IrfanView Thumbnails a directory with thousands of photos can take a long time. Please urgently fix this.

The bug exists in the recent development version 6.13(?) of WINE 32Bit with 32Bit IrfanView, and also in WINE 6.3 64Bit with 64Bit IrfanView (in PlayOnLinux), so likely affects also other versions. It does not happen in real Microsoft Windows (tested in Win10 and Win98SE).

As a collector and hardware researcher of music keyboards and soundtoys, for reference I keep on my harddisk some 10000 downloaded old eBay pages (consisting each of a HTML page and directory with media contents). Hence I need IrfanView for quick sighting and processing (size reduction, trim, rotate, delete junk) those photos. Yet I used for this on my main PC (Colani bigtower) IrfanView, but because the highend Win98SE machine (AMD K6-3@550MHz, 768MB RAM) became completely overloaded with this work (160GB harddrive full to the brim and FAT32 too slow), I installed an additional modern ITX mainboard with AMD 2400G and 8TB harddrive running Linux Mint 20.1 with KDE 5 Plasma running WINE 6.3 (using PlayOnLinux to switch versions) and a recent 64bit IrfanView.