libfaudio0 backported to Ubuntu 18.04 Main: instructions need an update

Questions about Wine on Linux
Scribe

libfaudio0 backported to Ubuntu 18.04 Main: instructions need an update

Post by Scribe »

Hi,

It appears that libfaudio0, which is a dependency for Wine, has been backported to Ubuntu 18.04 Main repository. Therefore the instructions on page viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32192 need to be updated. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks
dimesio

Re: libfaudio0 backported to Ubuntu 18.04 Main: instructions need an update

Post by dimesio »

It's not listed on https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/faudio. What makes you think it's been backported? IMO, it's extremely unlikely for something to be added to 18.04 at this late date, plus the FAudio packages that Ubuntu does provide for newer versions are in universe, not main.
Scribe

Re: libfaudio0 backported to Ubuntu 18.04 Main: instructions need an update

Post by Scribe »

Oops! My bad.
When I tried to install the deb package following the post's instructions, it warned me that the packet was already available through my regular sources, recommending to install that version instead. I checked my packet manager, did indeed find libfaudio0 (from "main"), installed it and did not check further.
But I should have looked more closely. It wasn't Ubuntu's main, but "SDL2 Backport to Bionic" main! The package is only available to me through Cybermax's SDL2 Backport to Bionic ppa, which I had installed long ago and forgot about.
Sorry about the confusion.