Adding fonts to wine while building

Questions about Wine on Linux
nemesis

Adding fonts to wine while building

Post by nemesis »

Is there any way to add fonts to wine on building it. So that the fonts are already installed on wine installation. I have the wine repo cloned and am able to build wine. In the font folder, there are .tff and .sfd files of the fonts and a Makefile that uses the .sfd file. On building, some of the fonts are present at .fon and others as the .tff file in the share/wine/fonts folder. I wanted to know what all changes I will have to do to add my own fonts to the build. I have the .tff file of the font, but don't have the sfd file as I am using a Google Font which only gives the tff file. I tried just placing the tff file and building, but that tff is not copied to the share/wine/fonts. So, what more changes would be needed? Thanks
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Adding fonts to wine while building

Post by spoon0042 »

Is there some reason you can't install them system-wide? That would probably be easiest.

(afaict some makefile magic gets the fonts to install from the sfd files, or something like that. In theory you could add install lines to the main Makefile after running configure but that's probably more work than what you're doing now.)