Drag and Drop Files From Wine

Questions about Wine on Linux
MusoCity
Level 1
Level 1

Drag and Drop Files From Wine

Post by MusoCity »

Where is wine on drag n drop ?
I would like to be able to drag wav/mid files out of a Win VST using LinVst into the Linux DAW.
I can go to the Media Browser at the bottom of Reaper and drag from the drive_c location but it would be better if it were integrated like VirtualBox Shared Drag and Drop, Clipboard.

https://www.reatrak.com/downloads/biab/ ... -Linux.gif
[img "Your images may only be up to 600 pixels high." /img]
we have SVGA and 4k now.
robbert-vdh

Re: Drag and Drop Files From Wine

Post by robbert-vdh »

As part of my continued effort from the last year and a half to bring Windows plugin bridging to the next level, yabridge now supports Wine->X11 drag-and-drop for Windows VST2 and VST3 plugins running under yabridge. The official release for this yabridge update will follow sometime this week, but you can already grab the latest master branch build from the automated builds page to try it out. Just log in to GitHub, download the latest available yabridge and yabridgectl builds from that page (at the time of writing that will be yabridge-3.3.1-184-g2f8bb7ef.tar.gz and yabridgectl-3.3.1-184-g2f8bb7ef.tar.gz, or the -ubuntu-18.04.tar.gz version if you're one of the older distros mentioned on the Releases page), extract the files from the yabridge archive to ~/.local/share (replacing the existing files in ~/.local/share/yabridge) and also extract the new yabridgectl binary to ~/.local/share/yabridge/yabridgectl, and then rerun `~/.local/share/yabridge/yabridgectl sync`.

I've only finished this implementation a day ago, but so far it works flawlessly with any plugin I've tested it with!
MusoCity
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Drag and Drop Files From Wine

Post by MusoCity »