TheBat! on Wine v6.12 unable to send email (and receive)

Questions about Wine on Linux
GearJammer

TheBat! on Wine v6.12 unable to send email (and receive)

Post by GearJammer »

I am using TheBat! 64bit email client on OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 with Wine V5.0 with no issues, well, minor ones but nothing unusable.
Some how I managed to end up on the bleeding edge of Wine, V6.12 recently. For the last few weeks I've noticed lots of wine updates coming through, and at some point I noticed I can't send email. First it was just email with attachments, but now its all emails I'm unable to send, and also unable to receive with version 6.12. To fix it, I ended up uninstalling wine, removing the repo's I added for wine, and reinstalled wine from the normal OpenSUSE distro repos witch has version 5.0. That works just fine.

Oh, and I didn't change anything in the settings of the email client from when it quit working till now.

I started out using the 32bit version of TheBat! many years ago and recently noticed that the 64bit version works now, so that's what I'm using.

I joined CrossOver's BetterTester program, but so far I am unable to figure out how this is supposed to work.

Thanks for all the hard work you Wine developers do. I've been using TheBat! email client for many years on OpenSUSE now.

I'm not sure how to make a good bug report for the developers.