kernel32.dll error on Wine 6.12 (Arch Linux)

Questions about Wine on Linux
arcanegb

kernel32.dll error on Wine 6.12 (Arch Linux)

Post by arcanegb »

Over my last couple of years of using Linux, I have never before ran into this issue. When I want to launch a Windows Application by any means, like with `wine notepad` for example; I would run into an issue where kernel32.dll wouldn't launch. Full console log will be below

My computer is running Arch Linux, with Linux kernel version 5.12.14. Root drive is formatted in btrfs, while the /home is ext4 (/home is a logical volume). I know for a fact that I have installed every single dependency for Wine. (Wine is version 6.12)

The only way I could get applications to load at all is with running them as root, so I guess it's a permission error of some sort.
Can someone try to explain what is going on here?

Log below:

0024:err:file:init_redirects /home/mradevski/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows: No such file or directory
wine: could not open working directory L"C:\\windows\\system32\\", starting in the Windows directory.
002c:fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
002c:err:wineboot:main Cannot set the dir to L"C:\\windows" (2)
002c:err:wineboot:process_run_key Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2).
wine: could not open working directory L"C:\\windows\\system32\\", starting in the Windows directory.
0034:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
0034:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"wineusb" failed to start: 2
0034:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"winebus" failed to start: 2
0034:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 2
0034:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"Eventlog" failed to start: 2
0034:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"nsiproxy" failed to start: 2
0034:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"NDIS" failed to start: 2
002c:err:shell:SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW Failed to create directory L"C:\\users\\mradevski\\AppData\\Roaming".
002c:err:shell:SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW Failed to create directory L"C:\\users\\mradevski".
002c:err:shell:SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW Failed to create directory L"C:\\users\\mradevski\\AppData\\Local".
wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135
Attachments
Console Log.
Console Log.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: kernel32.dll error on Wine 6.12 (Arch Linux)

Post by jkfloris »

If the following command does work, then your Wineprefix is broken.

Code: Select all

WINEPREFIX=~/wine-test wine notepad
Make sure your .wine folder has the right permissions.

Code: Select all

ls -asl ~/.wine